Prayer Points for Day of Prayer & Fasting (28/09/17)
This month we are joining with Elim churches across the country to focus our prayers around the theme of ‘harvest’ as part of the LIFT UP prayer initiative.
Our theme today is 'harvest'. In the Bible this agricultural metaphor is often used in reference to salvation, fruitfulness and mission. Across the Elim movement let’s lift up our prayers to the God of the harvest and take our place in his Kingdom mission.
Don’t give up. Keep persisting in prayer and witness. God is a God of more than we ask or imagine, of abundance. People are more willing than we realise to engage about issues of faith. The Evangelical Alliance did a piece of research called ‘Talking Jesus’. In it they discovered that 61% people have a meaningful connection with a follower of Jesus. 1 in 5 of your friends is willing to take a conversation with Jesus further! Let’s talk Jesus and keep talking Jesus.
Use the Scriptures as a basis for your prayers. Ask God what he wants to reveal to you through them.
I will look favourably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfil my covenant with you. You will have such a surplus of crops that you will need to clear out the old grain to make room for the new harvest! Leviticus 26:9-10 (TLB)
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 (NIVUK)
Those who sow in tears, Shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:5-6 (NKJV)
- For the ingathering of an ‘ALL AGE’ harvest
- For there to be the establishing of a rhythm of mission in Churches in the UK
- Effective discipleship programmes that will protect the harvest
- For the expected harvest to be the platform for a spiritual renewal in the nation
- Pray for any particular needs or circumstances you are currently facing
- Thank God for any answers to prayer or blessings He has given you.