Prayer Points for Day of Prayer & Fasting (14/09/17)
This month, as part of the LIFT UP prayer initiative, we are joining with Elim churches across the country to focus our prayers around the theme of ‘harvest’. In the Bible this agricultural metaphor is often used in reference to salvation, fruitfulness and mission. Across the Elim movement let’s lift up our prayers to the God of the harvest and take our place in his kingdom mission.
The one thing that a farmer dreads is to lose his harvest. The farmer can lose his harvest if:
1. He tries to harvest too early and the harvest is not ready
2. He fails to recognise the time of harvest.
3. There are no labourers to bring in the harvest.
4. There is no safe place to bring the harvest to.
5. There is unprecedented stormy weather.
6. The harvest is ignored.
In an uncertain climate we can be sure of God’s heart to save, rescue and redeem. So as we plant seed, let’s recognise that the harvest is now and we each have a part to play with our prayers and witness.
In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2 (NKJV)
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” Matthew 9:36-37 (NLT)
Now let the sickle do its work; the harvest is ripe and waiting. Tread the winepress, for it is full to overflowing with the wickedness of these men. Joel 3:13 (TLB)
- Pray for God to equip the people of One Church with a renewed passion to engage in harvesting. For there to be an understanding of the heart of Jesus as He looked upon the harvest with a great heart of compassion.
- Pray for more labourers. God, start it in us.
- Pray for REACH Elim’s evangelism department. Pray for wisdom, provision and fruitfulness.
- Pray for our gathered services that we would consistently invite people to know Jesus and see people respond.
- Thank God that he has made salvation possible. Who can you pray for specifically to come to know Jesus? Remember about our My 3 prayer initiative.