Prayer Points for Day of Prayer & Fasting (29/05/19)
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life” - Philippians 4:6-7, The Message.
“Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]” - James 5:16, AMPC
As we pray today let us be focused and fervent in our prayers for:
• The Lord’s continued, wisdom, provision and guidance as One Church moves into this new season
• For the new sermon series ‘This Is Me’, exploring our identity in Christ
• His peace, strength, provision and guidance for Pastor Dominic, Pastor Catherine, Ariella & Apphia, as they relocate and settle into their new home, church, and season in Cardiff
• The love and power of God to impact the lives of the people of Norwich, the school, and those living close to the church venue
• The people of One Church to be His ‘presence carriers’ wherever we go
• The will of God to be made known to the politicians in relation to the Leadership Election, Brexit, and the future of this nation
• A mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the nation/Norfolk/Norwich this Pentecost, and at the Thy Kingdom Come event at Norwich Cathedral on 9th June.