Prayer points 11th September - Day of Prayer and Fasting
“But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”
2 Corinthians 2:14-15 NIVUK
“Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.”
Revelation 8:3-5 NIVUK
As we pray today let that aroma be released by the Holy Spirit in our prayers and lives as we press on for:
• A mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Nation/Norfolk/Norwich, and that many people are set free from the prison of sin and darkness.
• The Lord’s continued, wisdom, strength, provision and guidance for One Church.
• For our new sermon series ‘Recycled’, looking at how God recycles lives and situations for His Sovereign plan.
• The love and power of God to impact the lives of the people of Norwich, the school, and those living close to the church.
• The people of One Church to be revived and recycled to be His ‘presence carriers’, with the boldness to share the gospel and reflect His glory wherever we go.
• For the growth and development of our One Kids, Youth and Student ministries.
• The will of God to be made known to the new Prime Minister, and politicians regarding Brexit, and the future of this nation.